The SBE is planning a series of webinars that take an in-depth look at several areas of IP Networking for Broadcast Engineers. These webinars will help broadcast engineers gain more knowledge in audio and video over IP for broadcast, digital content management, video systems in an IT world, and data transmission systems and practices.
The first webinar in the series explores the OSI model and layers and takes place on September 11. It’s important to note that these webinars will not only help you in your current position, but will also help prepare you to take the Certified Broadcast Networking Engineer (CBNE) certification exam. Presenting these webinars is Wayne Pecena, CPBE, 8-VSB, AMD, DRB, CBNE. He is one of the first people to take and pass the CBNE exam. Pecena frequently presents for the SBE on networking subjects. Craig Tayerle found a presentation of Pecena’s to be helpful: “This workshop was very valuable on many levels. I intend to explore some of the material discussed more in depth on my own. Many Thanks!”
Subjects discussed in this first webinar include the OSI Model, TCP Model, and the application to the Physical, Network, and Transport layers as applied to IP Networking as utilized in broadcast distributions systems.
Participants can expect to learn:
- How network models related to the development of standards and practices
- Physical layer implementation of Ethernet technology in wired and wireless environments
- Physical network addressing and role of the network layer in Ethernet networks
- TCP & UDP and the role of the transport layer in IP networks
- Why UDP is utilized in the broadcast network environment
This webinar costs $49 for members of the SBE and $75 for non-members. Click here for more information and to register.