- Robert W. Flanders SBE Engineer of the Year Award – Wiely Boswell
- James C. Wulliman SBE Educator of the Year Award – Wayne Pecena
- Best Technical Article Award – Doug Irwin, CPBE AMD DRB, from the Radio magazine December 2011 issue titled “Ethernet-based Audio Routing: A How-to Guide”
- SBE Technology Award – Orban, for its free BS.1770-2/R 128 and CBS Loudness Meter
- Best Social Media Site – SBE Chapter 15, New York City
- Best Frequency Coordination Effort – SBE Chapter 15, New York City
- Best Regional Convention -SBE Chapter 24, Madison, Wis.
- Best Chapter Newsletter – SBE Chapter 24, Madison, Wis.
- Best Chapter Website – SBE Chapter 24, Madison, Wis.
The SBE statistical awards recognize two chapters, based on chapter enrollment. Class A represents chapters whose membership is less than the national median. Class B includes chapters with a membership greater than the national median.
Greatest Growth in New Members Award
A – Chapter 146, U.S. Virgin Islands
B – Chapter 35, Kentucky
Most Certified Chapter Award
A – Chapter 96, Rockford, IL – tie
A – Chapter 118, Montgomery, AL – tie
B – Chapter 24, Madison, WI – tie
B – Chapter 131, Inland Empire, CA – tie
Highest Member Attendance Award
A – Chapter 136, Rio Grande Valley – tie
A – Chapter 145, Magic Valley, ID – tie
B – Chapter 76, Eugene, OR
All awards will be presented during the SBE National Awards Recognition Dinner and Reception on Oct. 24, 2012, during the SBE National Meeting held in conjunction with the Rocky Mountain Audio/Video Expo and the Engineer’s Boot Camp in Denver.
Read more about the 2012 SBE National Awards in Radio magazine.